What we believe
- There is one God in three persons, the Father,
the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- God is sovereign in creation, revelation,
redemption and final judgement.
- The Bible, as originally given, is the inspired
and infallible Word of God. It is the supreme authority and sufficient in all
matters of belief and behaviour.
- Since the fall, the whole of humankind is sinful
and guilty, so that everyone is subject to God's wrath and condemnation.
- The Lord Jesus Christ, God's incarnate Son, is
fully God; he was born of a virgin; his humanity is real and sinless; he died
on the cross, was raised bodily from death and is now reigning over heaven and
- Sinful human beings are redeemed from the guilt,
penalty and power of sin only through the sacrificial death once and for all
time of their representative and substitute, Jesus Christ, the only mediator
between them and God.
- Those who believe in Christ are pardoned all
their sins and accepted in God's sight only because of the righteousness of
Christ credited to them; this justification is God's act of undeserved mercy,
received solely by trust in him and not by their own efforts.
- The Holy Spirit alone makes the work of Christ
effective to individual sinners, enabling them to turn to God from their sin
and to trust in Jesus Christ.
- All those who believe in Christ are baptised
with the Holy Spirit, who lives in all those he has regenerated. He makes them
increasingly Christlike in character and behaviour and equips them for ministry
in the church and witness in the world.
- The one holy universal church is the Body of
Christ, to which all true believers belong. It is made visible in local
churches and unity is expressed within and between local churches by mutual
love, care and encouragement.
- The Lord Jesus Christ will return in person, to
judge everyone justly, to execute God's eternal condemnation on those who have
not repented and to receive the redeemed to eternal glory.